Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sesame Street Live

I thought it was just going to be a typical Saturday.  Mommy went to Bikram yoga at the crack of dawn.  Daddy and I went to Farmer's Market and breakfast with Nana and Pop.  Then, we all took a nap.  

Suddenly, we were rushing out the door.  We ended up at the Neil Blaisdell Center, where you see concerts and shows and stuff.  We sat down about 6 rows back, front and center.  All of a sudden, all of my favorite Sesame Street characters were there right in front of my very own eyes...Bert and Ernie, Big Bird, Oscar, Zoe, Abby, and of course Elmo.  I didn't say one word the whole entire time.  I just sat very still on Daddy's lap.  After an hour or so, there was an intermission.  People bought these huge Elmo balloons for $10 apiece and kids played with these Elmo spinning toys (those were $15).  Mommy and Daddy figured a t-shirt was a more practical souvenir for me.  The last half I sat on Mommy's lap and just sucked on my fingers the whole time.  I was shellshocked!  Could it really be true?  Elmo?  Bert and Ernie?  

The confetti that blasted out all around us at the end of the show was pretty neat, but I still didn't say anything.  The first word I said when we walked back to the car was "Water!"  as I saw the fountain and koi pond near the exhibition hall.  

And all Mommy said was, "We just took him to see his favorite character, Elmo, and Sesame Street LIVE, and he gets excited about WATER?!"

They asked me if I had fun, and I said "Yes".  I even told a friend of Mommy's that I saw "Elmo". But, I really did get the most animated when I saw that water outside.  I think I'm more used to playing with my toys and books and watching Sesame Street characters on a screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment