Saturday, June 6, 2009

Lots of Fire!

Today was a busy Saturday...I was Mommy's alarm clock this morning, though I know she really didn't want to wake up at 5:30 am, but at least she was up and ready to go to yoga.  Besides, she went to sleep at 8:45 pm last night, so she had to have gotten enough sleep!



Daddy took me to the Farmer's Market, our usual Saturday routine, while Mom was at yoga.  Then, we all headed to Uncle Jay's fire station in Hawai'i Kai. We had to pick up a couple of games from him for a party tomorrow.  He showed us around the fire truck and invited us to have lunch.  They were cooking about 5 big pots of beef stew and had fried rice, poke, and Jamba juice.  I had fun playing ball with Uncle Jay.  

Then we drove off to Waimanalo for the annual Raku festival.  Nana and Pop were there, and so was our neighbor Kerza.  I like playing with Kerza because she is the closest to my age, even if she is in 3rd grade.  She showed me clay and I watched her try to make things on the wheel.  Here is a picture of Nana's new pieces she made today.  There are also pictures of other artists' things.  It was fun because I got to run around in the foresty area.  I didn't want to go in the water, but next year Mommy wants to camp over.  We ate dinner and drove home all smoky from the raku pits.  I got to bed late, but it was a fun day!


No comments:

Post a Comment