Monday, June 15, 2009

Love My Veggies!




I decided that since I'm almost 2, I have to see if Mommy really means it when she threatens to put me on a time out.  She and Daddy say I'm picking up bad habits from other kids at the sitter's house.  Even Auntie Susie refers to me as the "good boy", so when I started saying "NO!" to Mommy and hitting her, she didn't like that one bit.  She scolded me and told me she was going to put me in a time out if I hit her again.  

So, I hit her 3 more times.

She put me in a time out and walked away after she set the timer.  I screamed and cried for a couple of minutes.  I guess she meant business.

Afterwards, I gave her a hug and told her "Sorry."  

Mommy and Daddy hope this is not a sign of things to come....after all, I am turning 2 this month.

Then, I calmed down once I noticed these beautiful green little trees in a bowl.  I asked Mommy, "What's this?"  She told me they were broccoli.  "Want some," I said.  She cut off a little piece.  After I gobbled that done and asked for "more", she gave me bigger pieces.  I carried a whole bowl of raw broccoli upstairs to Aunty Stevi's house.  They were good.  

Mommy and Aunty Stevi were surprised I was eating the green stuff, but I do like most green vegetables raw, not cooked.  

Guess I'm just growing up, they said.  I've had a huge appetite lately, eating about 3 cups of noodles, 2 eggs, 2 cups of fruit, 2 cups of vegetables, cheese, milk, water, and crackers for my usual breakfas and lunch meals.  I've been going in the potty at least one time each day.  I can count to 15.  (But I can only count objects to 4 or 5.)  

And, my favorite words this week were "NO!"  "Stop it!"  

Yep, I'm definitely almost 2. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment