Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Scared of the Camera

Today, Mommy took me to this place where they had bright flashes and told me to stand and sit in certain ways.  I just wanted to play with the toys in the lobby and read books.  Mommy and the lady photographer tried to make me laugh, tried to play ball with me, and tried to play peek-a-boo and jump up and down.  All I wanted to do was give them blank stares right back.  In fact, the first 15 minutes, I just wanted to cry.  Mommy almost rescheduled my appointment because I wouldn't move a muscle and crack one little smile.  After 45 minutes of doing different things, standing by a 2, lying down, sitting on a chair, and holding a tiger, I was done.  I just wanted Mommy to carry me.  So the last few pictures were of Mommy holding me.  

Surprisingly, they caught me smiling in about five poses.  But, I have this habit now of biting my lower lip when I'm nervous or guilty about doing something.  So, I had that look in one of my poses.  (Mommy also surprised Daddy when she told him how much she had spent on these studio pictures at Sears today.  But, hey, I only turn 2 once!)





No comments:

Post a Comment