Wednesday, July 22, 2009

On-The-Go-Mom

I hardly saw Mommy today!  I saw her for about 10 minutes as she came home from 5:30 am yoga to take a shower.  Then, for about an hour at the zoo before I went to sleep.  

Daddy had to take me to daycare before work.  Then, afterwards, Mommy went to the doctor for a follow up visit to find out that she's allergic to new things, including shrimp, which is her absolute favorite (and she ate about a pound's worth last night at happy hour with some teacher friends).  The doctor told her she should get rid of all the fabric curtains and couches and dust/clean daily since she's allergic to dust mites, cockroaches, and all kinds of grasses.  (I even heard her tell Daddy she's gonna get rid of all my stuffed animals...oh no, not my elephant and rabbit!)

Mommy rushed straight off to the courthouse since trial started at 9:30 am.  A one hour lunch break at noon (She laughed with another teacher that this is a longer lunch hour we get during a normal teaching work week, so this is actually a plus!), and then back to the trial until 4 pm. All Mommy could say about it was that she took a lot of notes, but it was an interesting day and she can't wait until deliberation (It's so hard not to talk to fellow jurors or anyone when we're not in session, so Mommy's actually catching up on some leisurely reading during those wait times.)

At 4 pm, Mommy headed to Queen's hospital down the street to visit friend Jen who had a baby girl named Jade after 59 hours of labor, which ended up in an emergency c-section.  All are healthy and doing well, though Mommy didn't get to see Jade awake since she was sleeping under the blue bilirubin lights due to jaundice.  Mommy said she remembered when I had to stay under the lights with my cool sunshades.  

At 5:30 pm, Mommy was still on the go and headed to the zoo for the Wednesday zoo concert. Tonight was Rolando Sanchez and Salsa Hawai'i.  Fun music.  But I had more fun climbing all over Mommy and running with some other friends.  Daddy got plate lunches from Well Bento (the healthy Hawai'i plate lunch).  I was asleep by the time we got home at 7:30 pm, but woke up to take a bath and go straight to bed.  

I have a feeling Mommy is going to bed soon after me.  Is this what an On-The-Go-Mom is like? Is this what life will be like when she starts teaching school (elementary) and then teaching preschool in the afternoon?  She's planning on working 50 hours a week with kids.  (And with her new preschool job at Kamehameha, she'll have to drive back in commute traffic at 5:30 pm on the freeway, so she may not get home until after Daddy  now!)  

Check back in a month.  I think, soon enough, we're both going to be turning in at 7:30 nightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment