Monday, July 27, 2009

I am 2 Years & 1 Month Old!






Feels strange to put it that way, but I am a little bit older than 2 years of age.

My latest foods still continue to be any fruit or vegetable in its raw, unseasoned form.
My favorites:
* edamame
* carrots
* cucumbers

As for fruit:
* apples
* bananas
* plums
* cherries

I still love my breads, crackers, brown rice, white rice, and plain pasta noodles.

The only meat I like to eat is bacon and sometimes chicken...again plain.

I'm talking a lot more each day. I like to compare things now.

For example, the other day, I said..

"Mommy, two Elmos. This one broken. This one not broken. This one talking. This one not talking."

I also notice things like:
"Two sprinklers on."

I'm also remembering my etiquette when I say things like,
"May I please have more poi?"

And, I still like to count things (and sometimes count while I'm in bed). I like counting to 20. I try to hold my fingers up, but can only count my fingers correctly to 2. I can count objects up to 8. I like to line up my cars, animals, and blocks and count them. I also like to take things "apart" and "put back together".

I know some of my colors, but most of the time I think everything is blue or green (which are Mommy's favorite colors). I enjoy singing my ABC's, but I get only the beginning and the ending of the song correct.

Favorite Songs I Sing ALL The Time:
* Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
* Old MacDonald Had A Farm
* Five Little Monkeys
* ABC's
* Where Is Thumbkin?

Next month, I will be starting at a new preschool. I will no longer be going to the licensed home daycare with Auntie Susie. Since Mommy will be working a full-time schedule, we needed to find something closer to home. There was an opening at Kapi'olani Community College's Alani Childcare Center. It's typically for faculty and students' kids, but I was the one community application that got accepted because they needed more boys in the 2 year old class. It will be from 7:30 am - 4 pm three days a week. I will still go to Nana and Pop's two days a week. They will be picking me up from the center everyday too. It will be fun because they will have a teacher and an aide and maybe a student teacher for 10 full-time and 4 part-time children in the 2 year old class. They have a big outside area with a jungle gym and sand toys. The classroom is big, and they will help me with my potty training. I get to meet new kids, and hopefully learn some new things. Mommy and Daddy are worried about the meals though because KCC is known for its culinary program, and the meals will be made by the culinary students. They might be too fancy and too seasoned for my plain palate. The schedule runs on the college calendar, and there will be some days that are not the same as Mommy's school schedule. But I'm sure Nana and Pop will be able to watch me on those days.

New Things I'm Doing This Month:

* Having tantrums when I don't like a response I get:
Last weekend, I threw myself on the ground and kicked and screamed at a shopping center. People walked around me.

* Earlier this month, I stopped using the bottle to drink my milk from in the middle of the night. I've always used a sippy cup during the day, but nighttime I've always used a bottle. When friends Sacha and Aine were visiting from Seattle, Mommy got encouragement from her friend Maila. So, one day, Mommy and Daddy just took the bottle away (Besides, I had ripped holes in all of the nipples anyway.). And that was that. I didn't complain or anything. I just drink out of my sippy cup in the middle of the night.

* I go on the potty at night all the time ("pee pee" and "poopy"). Mommy and Daddy are just trying to get the daytime sitters to train me.

* Drinking water from cups in the bath, from the bottom of the kiddie pool, and just about anywhere...then saying, "Tastes good!"


No comments:

Post a Comment