Saturday, July 11, 2009

Art Spree & The Korean Festival




We had a very busy Saturday, starting with early morning yoga for Mommy, then she just couldn't wait for me to nap, so she said we should go.  We stopped by Jenn's house to say hi to friends as they were having a garage sale.  Then we parked at Punahou and took the shuttle up to a little museum in lush Makiki Heights.   Each year, The Contemporary Museum has an arts festival for kids called Art Spree.  Mommy and Daddy brought me last year, but I was too young to do a lot of the activities.  This year, I could do more, but they ran out of clay, so I couldn't make a sculpture.  We watched funny comedic acts, saw the clowns and went through the galleries.  I made a few things to take home, and I even left looking like one of my favorite animals (and I sat very still for it too)!  See if you can tell what I am!  



That was fun, but we still had to stop by the Korean Festival so Mommy could get her fill of Korean food. So off we went to Kapi'olani Park.  I got a balloon.  Mommy ate bi bim kook so.  We listening to famous singers from Korea (one of them Mommy recognized because he sang the theme song from one of the K dramas she watched).  I got to take a picture next to a famous K drama hearthrob (well a cardboard cutout anyway).  I danced to Korean music and ran around the park.  At the end of the night, we got to be like tourists and ride the Waikiki Trolley back to our car.  We were all exhausted!  We got home just in time for me to wash all the grime and my sweaty paint off my face.  You couldn't tell I was a tiger anymore!  




1 comment:

  1. Art Spree looked like SO much fun! The location looked beautiful...with gardens I would really enjoy. So your Mommy is considering adding aerialist to her list of jobs...it's not outside her capabilities I am sure!

    ReplyDelete