Monday, July 19, 2010

And It's Only Monday

Mom can finally relax after a crazy afternoon......The morning started off okay. Though it was pouring out this morning, we decided to go to the park anyway, and had a marvelous time with other kids and moms. The sun stayed out, with blue skies and not a drop of rain. Hawai'i is funny that way. The moms worked out (Mommy only slightly worked out and stretched since she's restricted in many ways), and us kids kicked soccer balls around and played bubbles. I even tried to show off some of my stretching and balancing skills.

Then we headed home, but I didn't want to nap, even after Mom managed to carry my tired body down 100 stairs. So, a couple of hours later, our handyman Stewart arrived to install our toilets. He left after 2 hours. Then, the mayhem began. Just imagine a 6 month (high risk) pregnant woman discovering a geyser of water shooting up from her toilet valve, having to take apart/move furniture and frantically wipe up 2 inches of water all over the bathroom floor, all the while leaving her 3 year old (who managed to skip his nap today, which made the afternoon all that more exciting to begin with) to stick stickers all over the floor outside the bathroom while waiting for mommy.

The day ended when I was so hungry that I ate a slice of pepperoni pizza (only to say "Yucky! I don't like it!" after I was all done!) Mommy probably said it was too spicy for me, but I must have been really hungry because I ate it all! Then, I proceeded to fall asleep in my high chair, and Mommy had to carry me to bed without brushing my teeth. It was not even 6:30 pm yet.

And it's only Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment