Saturday, September 5, 2009


We went to the Okinawan Festival at Kapiolani Park today. Since I didn't want to take my nap at home, we left a little earlier than planned (for the festival), so then of course I slept through most of our time at the festival. Mommy and Daddy tell me that there was cultural dancing with a lion and drumming (which I would have liked). They also told me there were noodles and andagi (fried donuts) I would have liked (and they didn't even save any for me!). Mommy said she ate pig's feet soup (thank goodness I wasn't awake for that!) When I woke up, they were checking out the art and bonsai trees in the cultural tent. Daddy used rubber stamps to make a headband for me. They showed me the big kids' rides, but of course they didn't take me on any of them. We left shortly after that so that we could go to Costco while Mom went to a memorial for Patrick, who passed away from ALS.

No comments:

Post a Comment