Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Another Love Note

Today I got another "Love Note" from preschool. That's when the teachers notice something cute that I said or did. Today's note had to do with the sensory bean table that I had fun playing with when Mommy dropped me off this morning. I was the first kid there, so I had it all too myself (and Miss Lisa made it a point to tell Mom that I didn't want to leave on Monday because I was so busy playing with the beans).

Well, today, I found a broken bean and said, "Uh oh! Broken!" Then, I proceeded to sift through and carefully pick out all the broken, discolored, and wrinkled beans out of the hundreds of beans in the huge sand table. I kept adding to my collection in a cup, saying "Nutha one." Guess that was cute enough for a Love Note. Mommy says perhaps I'll be a quality control inspector when I grow up.

Tonight, at home, while Mommy was cooking dinner, I was getting frustrated trying to open my toys. Mommy told me to use my words. So I went up to her with the toy and said, "I need help please." But Mommy couldn't help me as she said that Grandpa's old fishing weight couldn't be opened. A few minutes later, I was frustrated playing with another toy, and after being reminded to use my words, I said, "Daddy, I need help." Mommy and Daddy were both happy that I'm using my words.

At bedtime, I wanted to read my favorite book, Goodnight Moon. I showed Mommy and Daddy that I've got the book pretty much memorized as I read the words in unison with them. I always laugh when I see the cow jumping over the moon, and I name the bears sitting in the chairs ("The Mommy, The Daddy, and The Baby"), and I always put my finger up to my lips and say "Hush!" with the old lady.

Goodnight, Friends! Goodnight noises everywhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment