Friday, November 27, 2009

I am 2 Years & 5 Months Old!




Yup, I am almost 2 1/2 years old!

I am still as picky as ever when it comes to food. Mommy has now come to the conclusion that because she could only eat bland food when she was pregnant, and because Daddy is also a picky eater, I was doomed from the start. At preschool, I typically eat fruit for breakfast and fruit and rice for lunch. Breakfast sausage and bacon and chicken are the only types of meat I'll eat. And carrots. I love carrots. In fact, I told Mommy the other day that carrots are my favorite food. At home, I like to eat pasta noodles. And I still like my scrambled eggs.

THINGS I'M INTO THESE DAYS:

* Correcting Mommy and Daddy when it comes to their vocabulary.

For example, Mommy will read a story to me and tell me that there's a bird. I'll tell her, "That's not a bird. That's a duck." Or she'll tell me, "Look at that monkey." But, it's really a chimpanzee.

The other day we were looking at Christmas lights, and she said, "Look at the reindeer moving their heads!" I told her, "They're not moving their heads! They're bobbing their heads!"

Nana keeps trying to convince me that this picture in one of my animal books is something called a "skink". I tell her, "No, that's not a skink. That's a lizard eating a skink."

I said, "I'm a boy." Mommy told me that she's a girl. I told her, "No, you're not a girl. You're a Mommy!"

* Getting Savvy with Technology

Mommy will go on the computer or Daddy will play with Mommy's new phone, and I'll ask, "Are you checking email?"

I told Nana that I wanted to watch muppets on the computer. She said she didn't know how to find it. I told her, "Muppets dot com."

* Animals: I love all my elephants, my baby elephants and my mommy elephants. I have animal puppets and stuffed animals everywhere. The zoo is my playground.


* Adding Color Commentary on Basically Anything and Everything

* Reading, Reading, Reading

I'm memorizing a lot of books now and choose books by the titles.
I am tracking the words with my finger when Mommy or Daddy read.
I am recognizing letters (though I call them "numbers") in books and print. (When I was taking a bath the other night, I asked Mommy, "What number is this?" pointing to the "H" and "C" on the faucet.)
I like to read the letters on the title page of my books.

THINGS I'M WORKING ON THESE DAYS:

* Potty Training: Mommy's convinced that boys take a little longer simply because I don't care if I'm wet or poopy. I just want to play. I've tried being "Naked Boy" but after awhile, I just want a diaper or a pull-up back on again.

* Using my words even when I may not like the answer. Oftentimes, when I'm not sure what the answer might be, I'll grunt like a baby, "Mmm?...Uhh?". Like if I want to jump off a high ledge or if I want to play with a toy in a store, but I'm not sure if Mommy or Daddy will say yes. And if I really don't like the response, I'll shout "NNNNOOOO!!!" (though that often doesn't get a good reaction)
* Letting Mommy and Daddy help me brush my teeth. My favorite words phrase these days is "I can do it ALL BY MYSELF!"

Mommy & Daddy's Favorite Things:

* I tell Mommy, "I wuv you, Mommy. You're the bestest Mommy."
* I tell Daddy, "You're funny, Daddy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment