Sunday, November 22, 2009

At The Beachhouse With The Keanes

This weekend, we hung out at the beachhouse in Waianae with the Keanes. I've been coming here ever since I was in Mommy's tummy.

The Keanes are longtime family friends of Nana and Pop's. When Pop and "Uncle" Patrick served in Vietnam, Nana and "Aunt" Elizabeth used to hang out at the beach, even before Daddy was born! They've been friends for 45 years!

Originally from Ireland, they now call Florida their home. We had fun listening to their stories and looking at photos of their kids and grandkids. Mom had fun eating steak, corn on the cob and baked potatoes, along with a gourmet breakfast the next morning. "Uncle" Patrick is such a great cook!

We enjoyed the sun in the usually dry, hot Waianae, while Honolulu was rainy this weekend. I had fun tearing down Dad's sandcastles and burying Dad in the sand. Dad couldn't stay overnight though because he had to work on Sunday. I loved running around, walking along with wall, checking out the paddlers and paddlesurfers. We walked to the heiau on one end and looked at the turtles near the bridge on the other end. Daddy took me to look at sandcrabs at night, and we sat in the lifeguard stand and looked at the waves and the stars.

Mommy and I were at the beach at 7 am the next morning, having fun watching the sandcrabs peek in and out of their holes. Uncle Patrick loved the edamame Mommy made, and I loved the Drumstick ice cream cone Aunt Elizabeth gave me. I didn't want to go to sleep and didn't take a nap until 3:30 pm on Sunday because I was so excited to be there!


Today, I said, "Uncle Patrick and Aunt Elizabeth are sleeping upstairs in the airplane." They've already got the beachhouse reserved for next November. Can't wait to see you again!


No comments:

Post a Comment