Sunday, March 8, 2009

Our First Target

What did we do today? We drove about 40 minutes out of Honolulu (that's a far distance for us city folk) to the new "Tar-jay". Yup, Hawai'i finally got Target. Two of them! Of course, since it just opened this past week, the whole island was there. Shopping carts were hot commodities. You had to wait about 5-15 minutes just to get one at the front of the store! Daddy took me to other stores while Mommy browsed the crowded aisles. Mommy kept calling Daddy asking if I needed this or that. He told her not to go crazy now...It's just a store. She was good. She bought me a cool cup to keep my snacks in, a bowl, a white board for the house, and a board game for her students at school. My favorite thing I got was the Elmo bubble bath. When Daddy showed me how all these bubbles come out when you add the stuff to the bath, I thought it was a bit strange at first. But, now I just love them! Now, I ask for "bubbles", and I love trying to destroy and catch all the bubbles.

We hit Costco nearby and did some grocery shopping before heading home. It's a good thing they got me my gallon of whole milk (and filled up my sippy cup for the long drive home). On the way to Target, "Glam Ma" (my grandmother in California) called to tell us that she and Grandpa Gary both went to the hospital in ambulances on Friday night. They were both discharged during the weekend. Glam Ma just needed more food, fluids, and rest (especially since she's been hobbling around on a cast and crutches from her foot surgery this month). Grandpa Gary's condition was labeled a seizure, so unfortunately he won't be able to do his job of truck driver deliveries anymore. Guess that just means it's more time at home to help Glam Ma as her foot heals! We're so glad to hear that they're both recovering after their double scare, one wheeled out of the house right after the other, on Friday. We love you guys, and can't wait to see you this month...hobbling and all! (just don't forget to bring Freddie, the dog)

No comments:

Post a Comment