Friday, October 1, 2010

Update on Baby (From Bedrest Mommy)

Baby is still inside Mommy's tummy, and she will be 36 weeks this Sunday. The doctor was happy to see the Mommy has made it this far. Perhaps the uterine septum is not a problem. Perhaps the progesterone shots are working. Baby will probably be heavier at birth than I was. Mommy can still have a normal delivery. We'll see when it happens. She's not taking the contraction medication anymore, and next week, she'll stop taking the progesterone shots.

Mommy appreciates all the friends that have been visiting and calling in to check in on her. Stacy and Ryan brought her lunch and cake and magazines over the weekend. Kawehi (who's doing a case study on Mommy for her OB-nursing class has brought over Jamba Juice and breakfast). Michelle has brought over dinner, magazines, helped Daddy pick out clean clothes for Mom, and brought over some nursing/maternity clothes and a wedge pillow to help Mommy's as she's getting sore from laying on her side.

Nana and Pop have been helping out a lot since Mommy is on bedrest at Auntie Stevi and Uncle Gary's house. They pick me up from school and bathe me before Daddy picks me up around 6 pm so all we have to do is go home and eat, then get to bed.

We had a family potluck at school last Friday. Nana and Daddy came. I was in a grouchy mood. My friends Noah and Griffin came over and started making lion noises. Then I cried. Mommy asked me about it when I got home. When she asked if I had fun at the party, I said, "Yeah, but I cried. Noah and Griffin were being too loud." She told me that next time if I don't like something someone says or does, I can just use my words and tell them to stop it. I told her, "No, Mom, we don't tell little people to stop it. We say, 'Can you please stop it?'"

(Mom said I was right.)

The other day, Nana and Pop took me to Macy's to look at Christmas ornaments (It's not even Halloween yet and they had Christmas ornaments?!). I told Nana I wanted to pick a personalized name one out for baby, but Nana told me that we don't know what baby's name is yet.

I told her, "Yes we do. It's 'Mo Baby'!"

(Mommy thinks I'll be surprised when I find out that's not really baby's name.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chase!

    You are turning out to be such a cutie! Glad to hear that the new baby is still baking in the oven.

    -Thuy

    ReplyDelete