Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring Break in Seattle


















It's been awhile since I last posted.  Last month, we went on a 15 day vacation to Seattle for Spring Break.  It was not so "springy" as we had hoped.  It was the coldest March since 1976, 
with an average temperature of 48 degrees.  The weather was cold, wet, and cold.  Mommy and Daddy found out that I had a cold the hard way (when I screamed inconsolably on the plane ride for over 4 hours to Seattle).  I didn't understand why I had to put on so much clothes and jackets and coats until I realized that it was cold outside.  Thank goodness it was a sunny 75 degrees when we went to California for a weekend to visit Tai Po, Glam Ma, and Grandpa Gary.  But, it was only for a weekend.  Why did we have to go back to the gray, cold, wet Seattle for one more week after that?

I had fun seeing my cousins Jake and Jas.  I met lots of other kiddies from Mommy's college days.  We went to the zoo a couple of times, went to Pike's Place, the waterfront, Snoqualmie Falls, saw daffodils in LaConner (too bad the tulips weren't out yet), and stayed at a lot of different houses (but as long as they had live animals, I was happy).  


Daddy had to go back to Hawai'i and back to work after a week, but I stayed with Mommy in Seattle for another week.  We were both recuperating from colds, so we stayed indoors a lot.  But, I got to see snow flurries for the first time.  Does it really snow in April?!  Mommy couldn't believe it.  

Mommy and I were lucky enough to have an extra seat next to us on the airplane on the way back home.  I was a happy flier this time, and I didn't cry at all!  The only time I got upset was when I had to leave the play area at the Sea-Tac Airport.  

But, it was an exhausting trip.  It took Mommy and I about a week to catch up on our sleep from our busy trip to Seattle.  She had report cards and a friend's baby shower to do when we got back.  Then, there was Easter weekend.  We dyed eggs at home.  I liked coloring them with my crayons the best.  I had fun hunting for about 40 easter eggs with our neighbor friend Kerza at Nana's and Pops' house.  We had a steak dinner that night. 

Then, I had a fever all this past week and was sick (we blame it on the daycare), so neither Mommy nor Daddy got lots of sleep each night.  Mommy and Daddy managed to go out on a "Date Night" on Friday (happy hour pupus/drinks at Ryan's and then a 3D movie "Monsters vs. Aliens", followed by frozen yogurt at Menchie's).  But, there have been lots of napping going on in the house this weekend.  Mommy says thank goodness for "Ratatouille" and Animal Planet dog shows to keep me occupied in my listless slumber.  Needless to say, Mommy says that all my coughing and sneezing in her face (since she has called me the "'opihi baby" all week) made her sick.  

Plus, our computer crashed this past week.  So, we haven't had a chance to update or check on anything.  The Apple store fixed our computer today though, so we'll see how many pictures we can post in between Lysol-ing the house, catching runny noses, and Daddy's triathalon Sunday morning.  

So my question is...When is our next vacation?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment