Monday, April 27, 2009

I am 22 Months Old!

Can you believe that I am almost 2 years old?!  I turned 22 months today. (Mommy, just say "Almost 2" already!)

My latest things:

* Being sick with a fever and nasty head cold after coming back from our busy Spring Break to Seattle.

* Nana had said, "Chase better not start speaking sentences when he's away."  But..I pretty much did.

What I'm Really Into These Days:

* Animals....Mommy will ask me if I want to go to the zoo.  I'll respond by saying, "Animals?"  I get so excited when I hear an animal, see an animal, or touch an animal.  They are the coolest creatures!  I can name all 20 animals on my refrigerator magnets in about thirty seconds.  When we're at the zoo, I get upset if I have to walk a little ways to see another animal.  If we're watching Animal Planet, I get upset if a commercial comes on and takes the animal away.  I just can't get enough of animals these days.
* Drumming:  I absolutely LOVE playing the drums.  I got to play the real drums at cousin Jake's house in Seattle, and Nana's neighbor, Auntie Sue, let me borrow her bongo drums so I have those to play with.  Give me 2 chopsticks when we're eating out at a restaurant, and I'm as happy as can be.  

* "Monies"...I discovered where Daddy puts all his change.  I call it "monies".  Mommy will give me a huge handful of coins from Daddy's stash, and I love putting them one by one into my piggy bank.  When I'm all done, I'll say, "Mommy, more monies please!"


* Riding my Strider bike.  It took months for Mommy and Daddy to get me to wear my helmet.  Now that helmet I got for Christmas is too small for my growing head, but I still want to go bike riding.  So, Daddy's gonna buy me a new helmet, and we'll be ready for real mountain biking (not just riding up and down the hallway in the house).  


What I'm Saying These Days:

* "Mommy eating...Daddy eating...Chase eating...".  Then when Daddy corrected me and said he wasn't eating, but he was watching us eat, I said, "Daddy watching Mommy eating, Chase eating."

* "Mommy!!!" ...I've been waking up in the middle of night screaming for Mommy.  Mommy and Daddy think I've been having nightmares.

* When I need help getting or doing something, I ask, "Mommy, help please."

* "Where are you?" (especially when we're playing hide-and-go-seek)

* "Ernie" and "Bert" and "Abby" and "Elmo" and the rest of the Sesame Street gang.  My Ernie screwdriver from my tool set is my favorite tool right now.

* Singing my ABC's (but I only know certain parts) and counting to 10!

* Flipping some magnets over and saying "Over".  

* Saying "Thank You" after someone gives me something.

* Telling Mommy and Daddy when I dirty my diaper: "Mommy pee pee diaper" or "Mommy poopy diaper"

*While Dad is showering me, I lean over to him and touch his eyebrow and say, "eyebrow".  I open the hood of my little cars and point to it and say "engine".  There's not much that gets by me these days!  Tell me once, and I'll remember it!

Mommy and Daddy are so excited that I'm an early talker because it makes it much easier to know what I want and need.  

Food I'm Into These Days:

* edamame
* oyster crackers
* strawberries
* noodles
* carrots
* apples
* poi (After an impromptu visit to Aunty Sharon and Uncle Frank's house, where they had Hawaiian food for dinner, I've been back to loving my bowls of poi!)

What I'm Looking Forward To:

*Really, really want to ride my Strider push bike...Although, Dad needs to buy me a bigger helmet as my head doesn't fit my first helmet (hint, hint!).

* Daddy getting a new car. That way I can fill it up with all my baby toys! 

* Sleeping overnight for the first time at Nana's and Pop's house...They're ready for me to sleep overnight, and now that I am talking, Mommy thinks it'll be okay too...We'll just see if it happens soon.  

Maybe then, one day, I can sleep overnight with the animals at the zoo!  Wow, wouldn't that be a blast!  Watch this video of me dancing to the loud music at the make up counter in the mall.  I was in my own little world, and all these ladies started dancing with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment