Sunday, December 27, 2009

I'm 2 1/2 Years Old!








My favorite things these days:

* Responding to Mommy in her same sing-songy tone:

Mommy: "Come eat dinner!"
Chase: "No, I'm reading books!" or "No, I'm playing with blocks."

* Saying "NO" and having mini-meltdowns or tantrums. This usually happens if the parentals try to cut my bathtime short or try to stop my playing time because they say I have to eat dinner.

* Telling Mommy, "I wuv you!"

* Pointing out "My moon". At school, my symbol is the moon. But lucky me, I get to see it every night in the sky!

* Playing with my imaginary friends:
In the bath one night, I got a new toy, so I said, "Rubber Ducky, meet New Rubber Ducky." They liked to play together that night.

* Making Mommy and Daddy make funny noises after I do it. "You do that!"

* Showing my belly: When I said goodbye to Mommy on the Big Island (she was staying for a couple days of training and we were flying back to O'ahu), I gave her a parting goodbye, as well as I picked up my shirt and showed her my belly. She just laughed. So, Daddy did it too.

* Correcting people:

1) Sometimes Mommy will ask me to pull my diaper up. I often have to correct her and tell her, "It's not a diaper. It's a pull-up!"

2) One day, I asked Nana if I could watch the Muppets Show on the computer. She said she didn't know how to find it. I told her, "Muppets dot com!"

3) Daddy was checking out Mommy's new phone that same night and so I asked him, "Daddy, are you checking email?"


My Favorite Books:

* Frog and Toad are Friends
* Frog and Toad Together
* Fox in Socks

My Favorite Phrase:

* "I can do it ALL BY MYSELF!"

Mommy and Daddy have been trying to be more diligent about potty training on the weekends. They even set a timer so that I go every 45 minutes. But they're realizing that it's hard to get me potty trained just on the weekends, especially when our weekends have been so busy lately.



No comments:

Post a Comment