Monday, March 29, 2010

A Recap of February 2010

February was a lot of fun because we got to do all sorts of things that only come around once a year!

We went on rides, got "tatoos", and got fun prizes (like my guitar where I showed everyone how to do my famous "air guitar" move). Plus we got to hang out with Dad's pals, Vince and Jason as they reminisced about the good 'ole days at Punahou (Did I mention that their 20th reunion is coming up this summer?).



Here I am doing some dribbling action at the park. I can't wait to join a soccer team! (Sorry the video is sideways! Does it make me look like I'm dribbling in a straight line?)




We celebrated Mom and Dad's wedding anniversary by going to Hilton Hawaiian Village for a staycation. We usually go to Turtle Bay, but because it was Valentine's Day weekend, the popular resort was all sold out. So, we got a last minute Kama'aina deal at the nearby Waikiki hotel. Even though we were only ten minutes away from home, Mom and Dad loved the awesome room with two balconies, ocean view and on the 29th floor! It was beautiful (and gave us a little vertigo at the same time). I got a penguin stuffed animal from the hotel, whom I now call Penny the Penguin. We had fun playing in the pool all day, going down the slides, and hanging out in the hot tub. Before dinner, Mom and Dad dropped me off at Nana's and Pop's. They went back to Waikiki to have a nice Valentine's Dinner at PF Chang's. Although they had to wait awhile for dinner, they killed time by talking to tourists and watching all the lion dancing going on (for Chinese New Year's). The next day, they enjoyed lunch at Mariposa.


We celebrated Dad's birthday near the end of the month. Because his birthday fell on a Tuesday, Mom and Dad couldn't miss "Lost", so they enjoyed organic bentos for dinner while watching their favorite TV show. Nana and Pop brought treated us to Ruth Chris' for a delicious meal. We had to tear apart the cushions in the nice booth to get all my crayons at the end of the meal. That's what you get for bringing a 2 1/2 year old to a fine dining restaurant. We had fun playing hide and go seek outside the restaurant. We had the traditional cake and presents at Nana's and Pop's.

No comments:

Post a Comment